Friday, October 3, 2008

Fun Fashion Foto Friday

Okay, so, on America's Next Top Model (a guilty pleasure that I don't actually feel all that guilty about), the first Runway Challenge featured selected items from fashion designer Jeremy Scott's "Opulence" collection (see all his recent collections on his website, here - it's great stuff, he's probably my favorite designer right now). A goodly number of these items were knitted dresses, which, let's face it, is a wonderful thing. Knitwear is HOT!




This is my favorite piece in the collection. The foxes, with fox scarf accent, are just delightful.

Opulence indeed. Wear your own Gold Card! I love the line of the dress, and the attention to the placement of the motifs.

This clock number is amazing. Look at the flow, and the pendulum "moves" while you walk. Fun!

I'd love to see this on any of the local FBI chicks wearing this. "I'm with the bureau," she'd say.

The full-length version of the clock dress, but I don't believe this one is knit. It's such a fun visual, though, isn't it? I'd totally wear this dress if I suddenly dropped eighty pounds!

Not knit, but I really like the ACTUAL keyhole shape of the keyhole cutout.
A nod to Bob Mackie's take on Scarlett O'Hara's curtain dress from the Carol Burnette sketch. I think Carol is the only one who could actually pull this off - not that the model doesn't do a creditable job, but where on earth would you wear this?

In all, a really fun, current collection, and Mr. Scott is clearly a genius. DO go check out his webpage (linked above) to see more!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...