Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Long Weekend, Part II

Oh, man, there was NOT enough knitting over the last three days, let me tell you.

Saturday started waaaaaay too early for a Saturday, because of the huge list of things we needed to do. We started with "blood donation", then "breakfast" and "bank", then "dry cleaning (new place)" then hanging out at the library. This was pretty cool, since it was pretty out, and there's a book sale next week. And I think we chased of a Suspicious Character who was trying all the non-visible-from-the-street doors. Yeah, it could've been an employee - but why did he run when he noticed we were watching him?


The pretty outside

The Book Sale reminder

I also had to take some time to tink back and down to eliminate the Extra Bonus Tree out of Nowhere that I started to knit. Really. The pattern at this point? "Knit whatever you did the last row." And I managed to miss. *Sigh.*


Then back to the reality that was errands (pick up other dry cleaning, mail, food, other stuff, blah, blah, blah). At least Saturday evening, I got to see Amanda and Alysia (Alysia, now-published author of How the Hart Breaks, has been in California for the past year).

Alysia

Amanda

It turned into a Legal Secretary Bitching Session, which was fun. (I don't have much to complain about the folks I work with, but some of the folks I *don't* work with generate great stories!)

Sunday was up early again, but for fun this time: I got to see The Duchess - check out the website for the cool Costume Gallery! I mean, I would've loved to been able to get away with THIS for my wedding dress:


Not so much the hairdo, though. Then the obligatory trip through the local discount stores and the A.C. Moore (all right next to the theater), where my mother found a painting book she wanted:


and a lot of yarn. I had to make her put half of it back. ME. I know. I bought one small ball of sockable yarn and some DPNs since I lost two of my size 3s somewhere near the couch. (If you don't know why I'm just buying more instead of looking, you clearly don't understand the full impact of the "lost somewhere near the couch" statement. You never will.) I even got to watch the Demolition Derby that was disguised as a NASCAR race at Talladega. Ow. Ow, ow, ow. I know some folks watch the races for the crashes, but I'm not one of 'em.

Oh, knitting. Not much of that happened. I got up to the thumb on my first mitt, that's about it:


Hopefully, more progress by tomorrow's post!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my the new mits are going to be beautiful! That color is just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine my surprise when I googled my book and found your blog :) You're awesome girl. Love and miss you.

    Alysia

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...