Monday, October 27, 2008

The Ears are Saved

The Secret Hat Project, Day Three, Continued
Okay, so, Friday night, I managed to get the Hat Recipient into bed in a timely manner (around 9pm), and knit furiously upon the hat. I got almost finished, realized the decrease scheme I'd hit upon for the crown looked like crap, and frogged back to where I stopped the ribbing. Said "to heck with it", k2tog (giving me 68 stitches, which, by the way, is divisible by four), divided the stitches evenly over my four needles, and then did K2tog-k across-k2tog each needle (followed by 2 rounds of k) three times, then K2tog-k across-k2tog each needle (followed by 1 round of k) for a bit, then just K2tog-k across-k2tog each needle until I managed to get down to two stitches left, total, which then got tucked through the top of the hat to the inside, and viciously knotted off. It was then 1:30 a.m., but I remembered to get pictures.
I then left the hat, wrapped in bright orange sparkly paper with a gold bow, in the dead center of the hallway, so that Hat Recipient would be certain to spy it upon waking. He didn't even notice it was in the hall, which says something about the cleanness of the house... so there was some cleaning. This is the semiannual Vacuuming of the Air Intakes for the Furnace.

Note: he's wearing the hat
This morning, on the way to work, he was willing (sort of) to pose with George so I could show you better pictures of the completed hat:

Is it just me, or does George look startled this morning?


Hat Close-Up

So, the Secret Hat Project is done, and the Hat Recipient's ears will now be safely warm. Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Hat Recipient is shy, awwww. Nice hat and yes, George doesn't look quite himself.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...