Monday, October 20, 2008

The Surprise Party that Worked!


At her Surprise Party on Saturday night, the Lovely L got The Coolest Birthday Cake Ever. "The cat got into the yarn..."


(If you're on my Livejournal f-list, the whole set of photos I took is here. They're f-locked, fyi. But I had to share the wonderful cake with everyone!) The party was a surprise, totally, to her - I've never been part of a Surprise Party that actually worked before. It was a lot of fun, and she got a lot of cool things: light-up knitting needles, lovely stitch markers, knitting mags, yarn holders, tiny sheep magnets, a book on knitting Dog Hair, and a lovely tiny wheel carefully padded with baby camel hair fiber. (I think the wheel is some sort of special magical thing, but I don't know enough about such things yet.) I'm so glad it worked. And did I mention - COOLEST BIRTHDAY CAKE EVER??

In my universe, the amazing Alex's roving arrived. Eeeeeeee!!! Bounce, bounce bounce bounce bounce!!


Look at the wonderful Orange-yness! I'm having so much fun looking at these two little whorls of fiber, I'm almost reluctant to try spinning them. Luckily, there are two, so I'll figure it all out on the little one. I have no idea how much yarn I'm going to be getting out of these, and that will pretty much determine what it turns into. Expect the Spinning Adventures to begin shortly, with blow-by-blow reporting here!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got it. I was starting to wonder.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is too cute! Glad to hear the surprise party was a success. Headed to LJ to check out the other pics.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...