Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I knit a lot of kinds of stuff.

Well, I guess I'm an all-around sort of knitter, based on my Featured Finished Objects on Ravelry just now:



I mean. look! Three pairs of socks. Two sweaters. A hat. A hairband. Mitts. A crocheted bag. Lots of different projects - althogh unfairly sock-weighted, because these are three of the four pairs I've ever finished (socks being a new thing with me). There aren't any shawls represented, because I don't tend to finish those very often, and yet I tend to make more of those than anything else. It does make me look like I just zip through sweaters - which is SO not true! But yay, I look like a knitter! I also like this set because an actual photo of me is in the center. Proof that it's my stuff! That, and several of the photos would work well for selling patterns and stuff (for the original things). Haven't lost that knack, thank heavens.

Decided something wild for the end of the year. The project I am working on between now and December must either be (a) in chronological order of unfinished projects started in 2008 or (b) started before 2008. This means Secret of the Stole II is the carry-around project until it is done, then Titania, then I must finish my Ninja Armwarmers (well, the second one, plus the duplicate stitching), then my LabCat lace scarf, then my Sekrit Projikt (which, I think, will just be something fun for me, rather than a Published Thing - so when I get to it, I'll start posting pictures), four cross-stitch projects, Secret of the Stole III, my Fairy-Tale Sock Club #3 socks (which would totally have been my carryaround project, thus making this list not work, but I couldn't find them Friday morning!!), my Tiger Eye shawl, and er, the Winter Twilight Tam that I accidentally started on the ride home Thursday night when I found myself completely without knitting.

And, of course, there was an accident at Scarlet Thread, which resulted in this:


A larger shot. The shadows are actually from the sun - it's that early in the morning in this hemisphere - and the colors are a bit yellower than they would be later in the day. However, you can actually get an idea of the 3-Dness of the piece, since you can see the shadows cast by the yarn. Yay! (Better shot:)



It's not on the list, of course, since it's finished now and I just got it. Wheee! Back to SotS-II!

2 comments:

  1. You look like a knitter to me! Why did you tell me you don't finish the shawls? I always thought you did. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Good job and congrats on all the accomplishments. Sadly, I am not finishing much these days.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...