Friday, October 10, 2008

A bit of knitting, and a RANT.

Sonia Rykiel's Sonia collection (Autumn Winter 2008) had some cute stuff. The only thing that really hit a chord with me, though, was this:


I wanted a dress almost exactly like this (I think it was green stripes) during my brief flirtation with Preppydom in high school. (Things *do* come back in style, see?) Plus, that new study that came out? Horizontal stripes, if placed properly, make one look THINNER - verticals make you look BOXIER!! (I've always noticed this myself, so I tend to wear horizontal, but it's nice to know that I was actually RIGHT.) I thought about it - and it would be SUPER easy to knit something similar. So, if I ever finish half the stuff I'm working on, I'll make one for myself. Without the scrunchy forearms, most likely, and probably just a *wee* bit longer...!

Anyway, actual knitting content. Um. I stayed up waaaaaaaay too late last night. I didn't actually finish much, but I'm now past the thumb (well, I guess that's finished) and about 12 rows from the end of my Mitt.


I would've been much further, but sitting out in the park by the river in the allegedly fresh, open air - there was a ranger using Nutri-Air or OUST or some other toxin that causes a pretty bad reaction in my poor little lungs, so instead of burning off the extra non-billable time from work by sauntering in a half-hour late, I ended up in a bit early for slightly less bad air.
<RANT>
I HATE, hate HATE the chemical they're putting in that 'fresh air' crap - Fabreeze, OUST, Nutri-Air and all their little clones have it. It says, right on the spray can, listed below. They tried it in the BATHROOMS of my work building - I had a bad reaction, they didn't stop. One of the Rich Tenants got rushed to the hospital; it's gone. Pisses me off that me getting sick wasn't enough, y'know? The Bed, Bath & Beyonds here have started using it throughout the stores, so they've lost my business. (I've let them know this in no uncertain terms, and I'm waiting for the class-actions to start rolling in. They already have, but not against the major retail stores yet. I give it about ten years, and the whatever-it-is (I have the chemical name written in my phone so I can check stuff before buying) will be banned in the US.
</RANT>.
Here's the actual warning:

Active ingredient: Triethylene Glycol (6.0%)
Inert ingredients (94%)
Warnings: Avoid contact with food and utensils. Avoid contact with eyes. Before using product throughout your home, use in one room and wait 24 hours to ensure that no one has any physical reactions to the product. Extremely flammable-- keep away from fire, sparks and heated surfaces. Do not puncture or incinerate container. Exposure to temperatures above 120 F may cause bursting. Asthma and allergy sufferers should consult their physician befor using this product.

Ranger-Dude and his nasty little spray can of death better not be there during lunch. That's all I'm sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Why would anyone spray something around someone they don't know? I'm so against that. Something else that ticks me off is the clerks that spray perfume on customers walking by. DO NOT DO THAT TO ME OR I WILL GIVE YOUR COMPANY THE ER BILL. Certain perfumes send me to the hospital with a migraine. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...