Monday, October 13, 2008

A good weekend!

Today's a work day for us - for most folks, I think, except for the banks and the federal government (otherwise known as "the two groups of people that might call our firm on any given day"). Still not sure why we're open today, but we are. My husband was super-sweet and drove me right to the door this morning, so I was able to have my favorite fountain soda (ever so-not-attainable in the city) with breakfast, and have it to slowly sip on all day.

Saturday, got to go to the Fall Festival in Old Town Fairfax for an hour or so (which was time to find all my favorite vendors and buy loot. And fudge at Ben & Xander's. REALLY GOOD FUDGE. Then there were errands, a nap, then a dash to Nature's Yarns to get The Last Spindle and some navy blue fluff. (The amazing Alex is sending me some orange fluff to play with; if you've ever heard me rant about my favorite football team, you know why I got the navy blue as well. PS, she's dIZZY sPINNERY on etsy.... pretty stuff!!)

Sunday, we got to see my husband's sister, who was in town for a few days to see our grandma, who'd had a bad turn. We just talked for hours and hours, which was fun, and I got to knit while we talked.

Thus, I got Something Accomplished, knitting-wise! Winter Twilight Mitt #1 had some problems when I cast it off the first time:


So very, very wrong.

You can see there's a problem. Even with k1p1 ribbing, it rolled. A LOT. Worse than most stockinette - plus, it was, somehow, mysteriously, four times wider than it needed to be. The colorwork part? Just fine. Fit perfectly. Snug. Like a glove, one might say. So - RIIIIIIIIP. Turns out k1 around, followed by one row of k4-k2tog around, followed by one row of k6-k2tog, k1 around then cast off worked. SEE??


Then I had time to get up to row 42 (of 78) of Twilight Mitt #2!


So, I got to buy cool stuff, hang out with cool people, and actually accomplish knitting. A good weekend, definitely!!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...