Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Dawnzer's Lee Light

(If you're a Ramona the Pest fan, you'll get the title today. If not, oh well.)

I hit a milestone of sorts yesterday: I finally finished Hint #6 of SotS-II. It took a wee bit longer than I thought, though, because while I managed to figure out one tiny fix, I caused a huge error by not actually looking at the *edge* of the chart. So, frogged back to the first of the non-ssk-psso rows, and redid. But I finished! Well over halfway done now, and on a "just follow the pattern now, the edges and center are all the same" area, which should just fly by. I really may hit the end of this lovely shawl. Maybe even by Christmas??

One thing that helped a lot: My lovely new Floor Lamp!

Nice, bright, AND reflects
off the ceiling!

Pic illuminated only by lamp
while sitting on couch!

Love this new lamp. Suddenly, I'm not getting headaches from wearing a headlamp (yes, this is what I've been doing since it got dark at night), squinting because none of the ceiling lights are actually located anywhere near the current position of the couch... I can actually see and knit WELL. Yay!!

In future travel news: I haven't been to Italy for over twenty years now, after being back several times in my younger days. (Why? Because that last trip, I forgot to toss two coins in Fontana di Trevi, that's why.) Browsing through the various offerings on the web (while remembering that a Knitting Cruise to the Bahamas in May isn't on tap for this year), I found Tactile Travel, a company that arranges knitting-oriented tours of Italy. The one to Milano & Turino would be FAB, if I wasn't taking a two-week vacation after Thanksgiving next year (third honeymoon). 2010, though, I'm going to go on some sort of fibery travelfest! Anyone wanna tag along?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I thought we had British plans! lol, and I need help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hint #6! Great! I am with you, good lighting is essential for all my knitting!!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...