Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lent.

              So, what are you giving up for Lent?

Usually, it's a foodstuff, and usually I make it. Not much of a challenge. So, this year, in the spirit of giving up something that will actually be *tough*... I'm not buying any new craftstuff. No yarn, no needles, no cool little hooks, no cross stitch, no patterns.

              We'll see if I can actually last 40 whole days. I hope I can.

It's been a while since I've forgotten to add a Fabric Softener Sheet to a dryerload of clothes. As I am a Goddess of Static Electricity, dryer sheets are one of those things that vastly improve the quality of my life. When I forget to add one, this sort of thing happens. Sunday night, late, I unloaded the dryer and in addition to the usual zaps and pings from vicious socks, I was presented with this:


Look at all the fuzzy tendrils
CLINGING to the shirt.


Like tiny electric TEETH.

Now, people tell me that if I just let it sit, the static will eventually discharge into the air, rendering the garment harmless.

People lie. It's been four days, and the suckers are still clinging together for all they're worth. Neither I nor my spouse wish to be zapped to the degree that might - nay, will - occur upon attempting to separate my Turtle Fur hat from my Izod shirt.

Maybe we'll just let them sit quietly until, say, April.

1 comment:

  1. re: lent -- you can do it!

    re: static -- hmmm, this may call for drastic measures involving rubber gloves and something conductive you can use for a grounding device. Maybe keep a class C fire extinguisher on hand, just in case....

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...