Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Well, yes, it's poison, but...

I've been trying to knit under my desk a bit today. I'm into the first row of the third repeat (of five) of the vertical pattern of Chart 2 of the Ae-Rang shawl, and have discovered that each vertical repeat = four additional horizontal repeats. And I really, really need these needles to swatch for my Astronomy OWL! At least I've gotten my proposal written up, which was a bit tricky, but I really need an Astronomy OWL for both my NEWT ideas. Anyway, knitting is happening. And, so far, my BAM bag hasn't unzipped itself again (but the day is still early).

It has also been called to my attention that there is a small phial on my desk.


"What's in that?" a coworker asked.

"Poison," I replied, because it's true. (It's wintergreen-scented isopropyl alcohol, which, for some reason, takes the itch out of mosquito bites almost immediately for me. Since I've been getting all my bites on the way to work, keeping some on hand just makes sense.)


I think I'll be left alone for the rest of the day, if not the rest of the year. And I think I just got out of make-the-coffee duty permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...