Wednesday, August 24, 2011

(re)Starting a New Shawl

Remember the gorgeous skein of handspun laceweight by PEby that I won? This stuff?


I had decided to make an embossed leaf entrelac scarf out of it. And I got the third repeat... and it Just Wasn't Working For Me. It would've been fine, but I wasn't feeling it. It wasn't Quite Exactly Right for what I wanted for this yarn.


See? Looked fine, but. So, I hit Ravelry, and found a version of a Birch Leaf Shawl that works "for any quantity of yarn". You start at the pointy tip at the bottom, and knit until you run out of yarn (or, hopefully, until you have enough to do five rows of garter stitch for the top edge of the shawl after the last full pattern repeat). I am liking this much better, and am looking forward to the finished shawl. Which might be sooner than usual; I've been on a bit of a roll, shawl-wise, lately!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...