Monday, January 31, 2011

Transfiguration - Done!

For Transfiguration this month, we had to do a book report of sorts - basically, craft something related to the book and say WHY. For example, you could create something a character in the book might wear, or something representative of a particular scene. The book I chose was Watership Down by Richard Adams. This was my favorite book for a very long time (and may still be; it's been a few years since I've re-read it).

I knitted The Black Rabbit of Inlé (The Black Moon-Rabbit, or Inlé-Rah), the servant of the rabbits' god, Lord Frith. It is he who takes rabbits away to make sure that they die at their predestined time. He is a fear-inducing figure in the rabbits' mythology, the equivalent of the Grim Reaper in human folkore.


I like that I was able to get a semi-spooky photo. You'll notice, though that this is a Bunny Nugget. As such, it has attitude. (I got three nice, quiet, NORMAL bunny nuggets with Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail. Then I got Hamish... and this guy.)

"Hey," he said. "You're supposed to do stuff WITH FLAMES this month. Where's my WITH FLAMES?"

So, I knitted him a tiny cloak.

I think he's going over well, but I think I'm doomed with both him and Hamish in the house. WITH FLAMES.

And just because, I'd like to share this AWESOME carved pumpkin by Vampire Chicken that I found while looking for Watership Down info.


Not my photo. I wish it was my pumpkin!!

I wish I could do stuff like that - it's just amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...