Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Transfiguration - DONE!

The eighth and final class for October is Transfiguration. The assignment? Please make an item that a reasonable muggle would interpret as part of a costume. My answer:
Hello, Professors! This is CraftyGryphon, Second Year Slytherin, turning in her Transfiguration assignment. To disguise one's self as a disguised Muggle, one has to think like a Muggle. Muggles seem to favor disguises of "monsters" (the gorier, the better), "super heroes" (like monsters, but clean-shaven and lots of spandex), "naughty _____________" (mostly for females, and seems to involve very short skirts) and "__________ that carries an ironically small, in comparison, ____________". I have chosen to go with the last category. Thus, I am disguised as an Acorn, carrying an ironically small Squirrel. (In front of my "Change" poster, which seemed appropriate for this class. Please excuse the washed-out photo; in future, I will keep in mind that standing in front of a blazing-red anything is likely to give a camera fits.)


Thanks for a fun assignment, Professors! I'll be testing out my creation this upcoming Sunday. I believe I will successfully blend in with the Muggles. (And if not, I will throw the squirrel at them and run!)
If you've been to my house, the Squirrel is the one that's usually wearing the surgical mask. Without the mask, it's a kinda creepy stuffed animal:


Yeah. The mask will be going back on. And here's a better photo of the hat, you just can't read "CHANGE" on the poster behind me. And really, given I've got a "CHANGE" poster, that's really where the Transfiguration photos had to be!


That's all eight classes turned in. Now I just have to get to 50% on my OWL (two sleeves completed at this point, and the front panels are underway), and I'm good for October!!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...