Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pretty photo opportunity...

I would just like to note that on Saturday, June 20, 2009, there was a free space in the main part of my house.


There it is. I share it with you so you may also experience the soothing feeling of an Empty Space. Heaven only knows when one will actually appear in the main rooms again...! Anyway, this was going originally to be yesterday's "hobbies other than knitting" entry, so you get it now. I've been slowly building up a small cache of scrapbooking stuff:


It's finally time to get together the vacation photos. They're all printed out, plus I got a bunch from my bridal shower and wedding from my MIL two weeks ago, plus a bunch of my husband growing up. Time to get going, right? Since showing you finished pages isn't quite possible (I'm just proud that the printed photos, album, extra pages, backgrounds, etc. are all in one place, finally!), here are three of the photos from our DC vacation this year. Yeah, I work here - but it's a great city to play tourist in, too, and so many people who live here don't do that! (Yes, I've just tricked you into looking at some vacation photos. I'm evil that way.)


The Washington Monument, seen from the Potomac River.
There are two colors because of a twenty-year delay in construction!



The National Air & Space Museum,
as seen in Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian



The White House, South Facade
Looks just like it does on TV, doesn't it?

As you can see, I got some great iconic shots - so I really recommend the Duck Tour, if you come to town. (Plus - it's COOOOOOL.) Now, to get the photos in the album...!

2 comments:

  1. I visited DC over 30 yrs ago and loved it. I hope to go back someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo free space! Do you think it was a time space vortex or just a random occurance? 'Cause you know free space in houses like ours .... well its unusual :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...