Thursday, July 29, 2010

Okay, more sleep would've been a good idea, but IT'S DONE!!!

So, yesterday, by the time I got to work, I had about half the edging of my Charms OWL/Girasole done. It had taken about four days. So, naturally, I decided that NO MATTER WHAT, I was finishing the danged thing before I went to sleep, and I did.

At approximately 1.05 am, I grafted the final stitches, and wove in the two ends, leaving me with about 2/3 of a ball of yarn left over. It will turn into something. Probably pillow covers, but not any time soon!

Then it was time to block the sucker, which was, once off the needles, HUGE. I don't own a bowl big enough to hold the whole thing, so it was Large Bathroom Sink to the rescue. Had to scrub out the sink first, of course (1.15 am), and make sure it was sparkly-clean and rinsed.


Then it was out to the garage, and trying to get the thing spread out completely - which, with wet wool in high humidity, is no picnic. The only reason I was able to be at this point so quickly is that my husband set up the garage for me. Moved the car, swept the floor, put down tarps, put down blocking squares, and, when the blocking squares weren't big enough, covered some clean boxes with clear plastic bags and spread everything out. If I'd had to do this at 1am, I totally would've cried. As it was, I got to spread out a warm, wet wooly blanket.




And eventually (2.25a), it was finished. Here's some photos. I may eventually get photos of it actually being a bedspread on my bed, but for now, this is what you get. I'm just psyched that I actually knit a BLANKET in under three months!!!


right-click to View Image to see the whole thing






3 comments:

Your tracks here...