Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I was in a giant room full of yarn. It should surprise no one that I bought some.

A list of Things, in alphabetical order.

First up, some Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere, from Marie's place, aka Stitch DC, obtained the day The Sign returned to her. (Yes, that journey will eventually be posted!) Originally, it was intended to be a replacement hat for my husband, whose last cashmere hat is AWOL. It may still be a hat for him... or it may be a hat for me. We'll see.



Now, on to the stuff from the TKGA Convention. I saw this at the Elegant Ewe table, and SQUEEEALED. It's Dream In Color Starry!!! I really liked Stephanie's Viper Socks, and although I don't plan to make my own Viper Socks, I'm totally making myself a cool long-sleeved lace shrug with cuffs-with-buttons at the wrists. (To use up the four leftover buttons from my Tilting Tardis Cowl.)



Spotted an ad for FibreSpace in one of the free mini-papers yesterday - here's the scoop (read: SALE!!!):
Monday - Thursday, July 19-22:
Tug a discount: pull a tail from our tangled mess and select a discount of 5-25% off all purchases on yarn, fibre, ribbon and books.

Friday, July 23rd is our one year Birthday party:
Bring in something that you have knitted from our stash of fibre over the last year and get 15% your entire purchase of yarn, fibre, ribbon and books.
Wear a festive hat and receive an additional 5% for a total of 20% off!
Enjoy coffee and pastries all morning and birthday cake in the afternoon and evening, during our day long birthday party.


This is my mother's ENTIRE yarn stash before the TKGA con. She doubled it with one trip!


Found this near closing time at the 'con. This will be my husband's hat; the color suits him better. The Alpaca is also a bit shiny, and has a wee bit of a halo; I think he'll like it.



Here's a what-can-I-use-for-this-yarn-emergency Yarn Bra, custom made from large Post-it Notes. Getting near the end of the center-pull ball of Pashmina I'm using for my Potions homework (yay, it's due soon!). Post-it Notes are adjustable, too!



And to end with Z - I scored a Slytherin Zauberball!! I'm going to make thigh-high lace stockings with these, just because.

Lucky for you (and me!), that's not all I got at the TKGA con. More vicarious stash enhancement for all y'all next week!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Zauberball! Such a pretty shade of green. I can not wait to see the stockings you make out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...