Monday, July 19, 2010

Crunch time begins...

Okay, so, just over ten days to finish my Ultimate Quest. I have two things to finish to make it; my Potions assignment and my Charms O.W.L. Potions is coming along nicely; it's relaxing (mostly) to do during my commute and during lunchtime; I'm not too worried about finishing it, even though I probalby should be, because I can still finish a row in under five minutes, and it's at about 4" across now (final target: wingspan of 5"6 - about 2 more pattern repeats). That may seem like a long time - but really, it's not. Not at all.


Especially since it takes 45 minutes to finish a row now on THIS monster, aka my Girasole blanket. I did 12% of the blanket over the weekend, and was knitting for about six HOURS. That was about 10.5 rows' worth of knitting; I still have 19.5 to go until I get to the edging - and heaven only knows how long that will take. Luckily, my husband understands that any housework is getting done in the morning; in the evening, it's come home, dine, park on the couch and knit until bedtime because I'm NOT getting this close to my Ultimate Quest and failing (barring, of course, any actual emergencies, which I'm hoping do NOT crop up).


See? I'm at about 67% (remember that half-row I've got done), and I have to get to 85% to be ready to go on the edging.


I'm actually having fun plotting and planning what I'm going to be working on in August, before Fall Term starts. I'd like to finish at least five things off the list (one way or another), and I'm trying to decide which OWL to propose for fall. I was originally thinking Herbology, then realized I want Arithmancy and Transfiguration for my eventual NEWT, but really, I'd also like my Whistler sweater, which would come nicely under Muggle Studies. Decisions, decisions. Plus, once I'm a third-year, I can start doing two OWLs a term, so it'd be better to get one of the larger projects out of the way when I'm just allowed to do one a term, right? Right.

Anyway, the next two weeks are likely to be filler posts for Interesting Things in the Knitworld, and more photos of progress on these two items. They're all I'll be doing for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...