Friday, July 16, 2010

Not that I NEED a warm hat just now...

Finished something last night. Whee! Since I'm exhausted, here's what I turned in, with extra pictures:

Hello, Professor! This is CraftyGryphon, First Year Slytherin, turning in her Herbology assignment. I should start by saying that I made a version of this for my mother, and it was warm and snuggy, so I wanted one for myself. I also just learned the proper way to start cables from nothing and end them the same way (thank you, Melissa Leapman!), so I wanted to try that. So, once again, I completely winged it, but I wound up with a very snuggy ear-warming hat!



There are three cable panels, and, but for two small seams at the top and the brim, it's all knit as one organic whole.

 

And yes, I realize I look like something from the 16th century. "And a wonderful morning to ye, Goody Bee; might you have any eggs for sale today?"


Don't care. My Ears Will Be Warm!!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...