Monday, July 26, 2010

18 classes, 3 Quidditch goals, 4 headmistress challenge items... just the OWL left now.

Well, finally finished my eighteenth and final class for the term: July Potions. The idea was to "create something beautiful but fiddly. Delicate lace, gorgeous colorwork, complex socks. This is essentially free reign to run wild and impress the professor." This counts under both lace and fiddly - there is NO CENTER STITCH on this shawl, and it drove me nuts figuring out how it worked at first. I'm pretty certain the pretty mantilla-front isn't actually suppsoed to be there - but it works really well (see my lovely cousin modeling, below). The MadTosh Pashmina blocked like a dream again, and the Malachite & Fathom compliment each other nicely.







I ran out of Malachite right at the final "leaf" row - cutting it a little too close!!! - and thankfully had some Fathom left over. I still have some fathom left over... but somehow, I think it and my leftover Miss Babs Marigold (a nice orange color) will turn into some sort of Broncos thing for me. (Really, did anyone NOT see that coming?) Here is my 2nd favorite photo of this shawl:


... and here is my favorite, as worn by my cousin. I hadn't planned to give anyone the shawl, but it looks amazing on her (and her hair, which, although you can't see it in this photo, is a beautiful blondish-red). So, clearly, it was meant to be hers.

I think I should just be glad she let me get one of the rare photos of her - she's usually on the other end of the camera. (PS, check out her blog, it's a lot of fun.)

4 comments:

Your tracks here...