Friday, July 2, 2010

It's a bird, but not quite the RIGHT bird.

Okay, so I'm still trying to figure out how to get a decent looking finch (or two) for my dad. I've figured out some assembly tricks:


... but I'm not really happy with the shape of the Final Thing, and I'm not risking the special yarn until I have it just right.


I'll try a few more times, and see how it goes. I like the way I made the wings, just not the placement; the head is OK, but the neck is lame, and the tail needs to be longer. Not that I'm a perfectionist or anything.

Also, I am vindicated: the local 7-11 caved to the demands of the people (me, at at least one of the local beat cops) and replaced the Cherry Coke; the Hawaiian Punch (indicated by red arrow) is now Coke Zero.



Looking forward to a nice, long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The bird looks great for a first try! I'm sure your dad will love the final project!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...