Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vacation Photos (but not the usual kind)

Random vacation photos, and things I bought and/or didn't buy...

Waffle Iron:

       Now living happily on my Kitchen Counter!

Ball of Yarn Bigger Than My Husband's Skull:

       Something to make a sampler afghan with, I think.

Replacement Cross Stitch Chart (for one I've colored in):

       L&L will give you a free pretty chart if you send in the old one, but I think I'm gonna keep it. I've had it a long time, and we've been through a lot together.

Electric Moose:

       A neighbor, long since moved away, had an electic moose instead of the usual reindeer. I swore that if I ever saw one, I'd get it, so this is this year's big decoration. Photos of moose outside to follow, if I get it outside before the snow. Heck, even if I don't!

Gaudy Non-seasonal Store Display:

       Thank you, Louis Vuitton!

Cross-Stitch/Canvas/Knitting shops:

       Yes, I bought a few things. Um, kits. Complete kits. With fabric. It was much needed shopping therapy after the Dishwasher Delivery Incident of 2009.

Frighteningly Sparkly Sneakers:

       No, I didn't buy any. But face it, you'd think of me if you saw these in the store.

Oddly Made Mass-Produced Scarves:



       Love the colors & yarn, and would have bought it if it hadn't been stockinette with the edges SEWN back. WTF?

Books that might be revised in future printings:

       For those who say Tiger wasn't promoting himself as a role model for kids, he/his reps had to OK this page's existence in "A Book of Lists About Me". This may not be a page in future editions.

Gymnasiums Full of Crafters:

       My favorite craft festival (this is "the Back Big Room" - as opposed to either of the back small rooms, the four upstairs rooms, or the room out near the pool...). Ben & Xander's Fudge is always there, and several of my favorite jewelers, photographers, and quilters. And knitters, but they're never selling their knitting...!

And my 1,000th comment on Ravelry!!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't buy those sneakers! I mean, shoes like those don't come along every day.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...