Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's not all about the socks. Really.

Okay, so, in an effort to NOT post more pics of my Fairy Tale Sock Club #1 socks, here are two projects that needed pics over on Ravelry.

First up is the Ninja Armwarmer, which, once I figure it out (this is attempt #4) will (a) be a fun little pattern for armwarmers I can actually knit in and (b) be embellished with the "Snowball's Chance in Hell" motifs from Renée Rigdon and Zabet Stewart. Getting the bits around the fingers to work Just Right, and then still fit my hand? This has been a *major* challenge. I totally cheated with my Simple Top-Down Mitts without realizing it - they're ribbed the whole way down, so "fit" wasn't much of an issue. These Ninja-critters are ribbed on the digits, and across the palm (okay, it's still a bit of a cheat) and I still have to do some fitting down the side of my hand. Oh, and did I mention I'm knitting them on SIZE 0 needles? They'd better look bloody cool when they're done, or else!!


Second and final for today, the Forget-Me-Not Shawl by Shui Kuen Kozinski. This photo does NOT do justice to the true hot-pinkness of this fluffy, light, mohair yarn. It's like knitting with will-o-the-wisps, seriously! (That's not a bad thing. It's just indicative of its fluffyness.)


I am still knitting away on my FTSC#1 socks (Hilda, as Beautiful Sock is done), and hope to be able to start the decorating tonight. I was a very bad KAL'er, since I started them a wee bit before the KAL actually started (like an entire week), but I've had a LOT of fun knitting them!

1 comment:

  1. I love the ninjas! I'm in an armwarmer mood, I just haven't fallen in love with any one pattern yet. Hmm...maybe some ninja toeless socks? I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...