Thursday, May 29, 2008

I got more yarn. (Anyone surprised? ... Anyone...?)

Did I mention I bought yarn at the Uniquities sale? The first up is two skeins of bright yellow Catania cotton, 125m per skein, which will become socks during Summer of Socks 2008. (Signups are closed now, but let me know if you're playing along, 'kay?)


Next up, a lovely hank of Trekking hand art sock wool in the "Jamaika" colorway. This is the stuff for the photo-models of the step-by-step instructions for the Fern Lace Toe-Up Socks. I really should've taken a photo of the hank, so the colors would have a chance to show, but it's lovely. In lieu of a really good photo, I give you two artsy photos, instead:

I also managed to find some of my lovely mother-of-pearl stitch markers. Where the other six went, I have no idea - I just hope I find them before I get up to the pattern repeats when I'll really *need* them!


And, finally, since the Fairy Tale Sock Club Knitalong has begun, I can show my lovely socks without guilt. (Note that they're not really easy to see in the photo - residual guilt, I think, from starting so bloody early. But I really couldn't help myself!! Beautiful Sock, finished, is on the left; Hilda, with about five rows of ribbing at the cuff remaining, is on the right.


I'm excited that I'll get to start the embroidery on them this evening!!

1 comment:

  1. AI love the socks and the shawl looks like it will be fun to do. Almost finished with kiri and then, another shawl.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...