Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fairy Tale Sock Club, Yay!

Oh, the squeals!! Yesterday, my husband went to the post office to check my PO Box for my Fairy Tale Sock Club package. It wasn't there. When I got home, though, it *was* in the parcel box of my house (which makes sense, as Gryphon has my home address!) - oh, the squealing that commenced!!

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT

STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN YOUR BOX YET!










Okay, hopefully that shooed away anyone that might complain of spoilers later. I'm certainly not going to spoil the surprise of the Fairy Tale, or the Theme, or show everything I got. But I was very, VERY excited about the package, and the presentation - oh, it was lovely! A carefully tied scroll, a little sachet - all sorts of extras that I wasn't expecting, that were absolutely charming! The finished product will be such fun, too.

So, first, I had to have my husband get my swift out of the craft room. I had very carefully put it in the Very Safe Corner, which, due to work on the house, was unreachable by my short-armed 5'6" self, even with two grippers at full extension. He, of course, could just reach over and grab it. (*Sigh.*) Quickly, I set up the swift, and began to create a ball of yarn:


Then, having met myself previously, and realizing that I am really bad about judging "about half the yarn" by eye, we broke out my husbands Super-Special OXO Scale, and weighed the yarn (120 g). Then I balled it to "about half", and was pleasantly surprised that I'd guessed correctly - and thus had two nearly-identical balls of yarn!


Then, I just had to start knitting, which meant my brain completely emptied of anything I'd ever read in Knitty. This necessitated a firing-up of the Mac, and a trip through cyberspace at those startling speedss known only to the six of us left on dial-up in a major metropolitan area. I went and watched the rest of "Two and a Half Men" while the page I needed loaded. It did, I printed it, and scampered back to my chair, whereupon I knit... a toe!


Hopefully, nothing here will give any sort of clue as to what's going on with the secret socks. I've already started the sock part (purposely not pictured!), and will work that for a while before starting my second toe. (Now that I have something on the order of 19 size 1 7" needles, this is not a problem.)

PS, did I mention I'm really excited about this?

2 comments:

  1. Way to not spoil! Lovely toe, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the socks.

    I posted the answer to your question on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...