Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tagged!


Knit-R-Done tagged me. She thought I'd been tagged before, but nope, not here, so here goes:

THE RULES:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

BENT RULES: Now, I'm going to bend the rules a bit here, because I don't know if I know folks over here well enough to tag them yet. If you read this, please comment with a random fact about yourself!

About me...
  1. I'm ambidextrous. This means I knit "left handed and backwards", but it's what's comfortable for me. Fine detail work (writing, drawing) is in the right hand, because I was trained to write in schools in a part of Georgia where it was just barely becoming okay to let boys write with their left hands, NOT girls. Shooting, fencing, skating and throwing, though, I do left-handed.
  2. I have a tendency to choose my family. I'm an only child, but I've got two sisters and two brothers I picked out myself, and several other relatives of varying degrees... not counting any of my family by marriage.
  3. I'm an Army brat, thus will never understand why people can't pack for a week in a carryon suitcase.
  4. I would be absolutely horrified to meet any of my favorite celebrities in real life. They wouldn't measure up to the image I've got of them - they'd just be people, like everyone else. With the exception of the one I've met, Stephanie Pearl McPhee, who is exactly as you'd expect her to be. I guess we just need more "real" celebrities" like her!
  5. My picture was on the cover of every major newspaper when I was a kid - I happened to be standing in the right place at the right time for an adorable AP/UPI distribution.
  6. The first label I usually put on myself, when someone asks what I do, is "Cartoonist" - but I usually remember that's not *exactly* the case before replying. Eventual life goal: make this the case!
  7. In February, I will have held my current job for 10 years. Another 15, and I'm retiring (wayearly) - because all the boys will be hitting 65, and *they'll* be retiring. It's a nice plan.
Required yarn shot of the day:
[KnitStuff/DonatingYarn.jpg]

Alli is collecting "spare yarn" for a good cause. My best friend M gave me a huge bag of yarn last Friday, because she knew I'd find it a good home - and then I get the message about Spare Yarn. I added another bag to it, so it will be going off to its Good Cause on Thursday. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Ten years? Really?

    geeze. I remember when you had pink hair and were temping as a contract attorney at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...