Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I keep having Yarn Accidents.

Yesterday, I had another Yarn Accident. I have no idea how (okay, it was Lime & Violet's Daily Chum), but I stumbled across the Pretty as a Peacock Shawl Knit-a-Long (it's got its own blog!). My reaction to the pattern?

MUST HAVE!!!! MUST HAVE!!!

Ahem. Anyway, through the designer's blog, I found Knitty Noddy, a lovely online store that has both the Pretty as a Peacock pattern *and* Claudia Handpainted Silk Lace.
[KnitStuff/YarnSwatches.jpg]
Left: Ocean Depth; Right: Pistachio

So, I now have my "extra skein" of Pistachio (for Secret of the Stole), so I can do the long version thereof, but I have two AMAZING blue-green-violet skeins for Pretty as a Peacock. (Note: there is an errata for Pretty as a Peacock, here.) I have made my request to join the knit-along. I have mailed my money order to Oregon. I am eagerly awaiting my yarn and pattern, which I'm probably going to start the moment it arrives, as I have limited to no willpower.

Therein lies the problem. I CAN'T go over 60 UFOs again, I just CAN'T!! So, I have to find something to finish, and FAST. But what? None of the knitting projects are close enough to being done. Most of my cross-stitch, ditto! Yikes, yikes, yikes!

Oh, the dilemma!

Anyway, I'm telling you about this wondrous new pattern as a halfhearted segue into telling you about my new S.E.X. strategy (that's Stash Enhancement eXperience). Stash is threatening to overwhelm my house completely, as its associated credit-card debt is threatening to overwhelm me. So, here's my brilliant new idea:

Only pay Cash for Stash.

I sent Knitty Noddy a money order. I sent Keepsake Needlearts a check. (Checks, drawn directly from my stockpile of cash, count as cash.) So far this month, I'm almost at the $CCCL.00 mark - but at least $CLX of that was a Peter Rabbit rug and three Beatrix Potter cross stitch kits I'm going to hook for my mother for her birthday. And, okay, $CXXX went to Knitty Noddy. Any remaining money *might* have gone to a set of Margaret Sherry Coasters. Not that I'm addicted to Margaret Sherry designs or anything. Lots of cool stuff hitting or headed towards the mailbox - and I'm not in debt for *any* of it.

Also discovered Gina (of Sleepy Eyes Knitting and the podcasts!) on Ravelry - and her cool (FREE) Christmas Eve Cabled Mitts from last year: Here!. (Alli, I think I know what I'm doing with that yarn I got from you!)

Oh, drat! It looks like the Blogger invite feature has crashed, so I won't actually be able to get out to the Pretty as a Peacock blog today. Darn!! (And can I just say that unless you actually know what you're doing already, Blogger "Help" isn't very?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...