Friday, May 29, 2009

UFO Friday - progress on Two Items...

Well, the Serenity Stroller Snuggie is struggling along. I figured out the weird increases that made it all work so that all my leaves "finish" at the eyelet edge, and I'm officially 1.5 rows away from the final cable twists, then a row after that, the color change and the eyelet rows begin. Which, of course, will have to be re-charted, since my Snuggie is vastly different now from the Actual Serenity Blanket... but I'll make it work. The thrill of being able to start the new yarn (matches in tone beautifully, may be a bit thick... but that'll make the edge fluffy, right? Right?) Anyway, here's the edge as of the end of lunch hour today:


I've also been working on Clapotis, and have determined that it may actually just be the two balls of Coral Whatever that will make up this shawl. (This is cool; that way the Dragon's Whatever can be something else fun.) I'm almost to the center of the shawl (as slightly widened from the pattern), and I'm still on my first ball of sock yarn! Who knew 400 yards was so much yarn? Here it is at the beginning of Vacation Day last friday:


... and here it is as of this morning. I've hit the point of six dropped stitches, and I'm really looking forward to blocking it:


The only downside to this project is that I forgot to fix the dye in the yarn, which, yeah, I know one is supposed to do, even with Bought Yarn, so my hands are turning a rather violent shade of red at times - luckily, it *almost* all washes off with a wee bit of Mary Kay Silkypaws (I can't remember what the product names actually are - it's what I call the hand cream, sloughing cream and cleanser all combined together).

Can I just add how difficult it's been to NOT start the Pacific Northwest Shawl this week? I'm being SOOOOOOOOOO good!!

1 comment:

  1. You do have the patience of Job! Wow, that is so beautiful. I wonder if you sleep much???

    I would love a suggestion on the battery charger..

    Peace

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...