Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Internet Resources (and a swatch)

Coolest Thing EVAH!!!

The Cable Chart Generator at sweaterproject.org!! Go!! Try it!! (Donate!!)

Ahem. Okay, having pointed everyone there, let's get back to MY stuff. To wit, Swatch #5 from Lesson 3 of TKGA's Basics, Basics, Basics course. This is the cable swatch, and this is where my first ball of Trendsetter Yarns "Merino VI" (color 7800-ecru - formerly "01", dye lot 17) ran out:


This yarn is OMG SQUEE soft and pretty, and a joy to work with. It isn't, however, worsted-weight - I think it's just DK. The Trendsetter site says it's:

MERINO
100% Wool - 50 grams/skein -
Motto-6ply 136 yards/skein,
5.5sts=1" #6

Thus, if DK - light worsted (per the Standard Yarn Weight System) recommends needle size 5-7, and gets 21-24 st per inch - yep, this is DK. Now I vaguely remember someone I was reading re: the Masters Program saying that DK was okay. I'm hoping this is the case; if not, I'm going to have a cute little ecru lace shrug to wear when it's not-quite-cold-but-chilly over the summer.

Boy, I'm glad I got two balls of the stuff on Saturday, since one ball didn't make my five swatches. I'll get to see how good I *really* am at weaving in ends this time!!

PS, everyone should go download the FREE pdf file of the Yarn Standards. It's a really, REALLY useful reference!!


1 comment:

Your tracks here...