Tuesday, May 19, 2009

$20 a YEAR yarn budget??

Coolest idea that I don't think I could actually handle: The Used Yarn Chronicles, one crafter's journey on a $20 a year (yes, you read that right) yarn budget, found via Max's Blog.

Because it's been raining for a long time in the afternoons, I haven't had a Knitting with George up for a while, so here you go:


Clapotis with George, May 18, 2009

Progress report: Sure enough, stating that I would keep reporting on the Serenity Stroller Snuggie meant that I picked up a lovely peacock pillow kit (canvaswork) that I tracked down a few years back. (Actual tracking was required; it was out of print, but I managed to find a needlework clearinghouse that had one. It didn't have the main/background color, though - but it's a Bucilla kit, and they're a class act, and sent me some, free of charge. Yay! This is what it will look like, eventually:


I've got the left side blue border 2/3 done.

I've managed to figure out a technique for getting continental/basketweave stitch going without having to have a hand at the back of the canvas - this is making it go MUCH faster than before. Of the area that I've done over the past two years since I got the kit, I'd say easily two thirds of that was finished Sunday evening, when I was trapped in my magic chair. (I'd hurt my leg, the chair helps. A lot.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that Tiffany peacock pillow is gorgeous! I'll have to Wikipedia canvaswork, if you can make things like that...I have two pretty birds that I would love to display on pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed seeing George. I will not be participating in the $20/yr yarn budget. That gave me chills. I did manage to spend $20 for yarn on Saturday. :D Oh my the peacock is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...