Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quick patriotic cross-stitch break...

As part of the running around this weekend, I wandered into In Stitches on Saturday afternoon, and found this adorable little Lizzie*Kate kit:



During the race on Monday (Memorial Day in the US), I started stitching. I got quite a ways before I realized that the light blue flag-pole and bright-red masts weren't going to work for me.


So, I frogged out the flag-pole, and replaced it with light brown, and did the masts in light brown, and made the boats red. I like it much better:


I should be able to finish it up tonight, assuming (a) I get back from the post office and L.L.Bean at a resonable hour and (b) can find my beading needle to attach the embellishments, and I figure I'll frame it up and give it to my mom, who sails. It's a fun, quick little kit!

1 comment:

  1. I like it better with the light brown also. It is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...