Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Found: Knitting VIDEO podcast!

Okay, more cool stuff from the internet today! I joined a Twibe (Knitting, natch!), and wandered through the other members, looking for Cool Blogs to Follow, and discovered something possibly even COOLER -Let's Knit2Gether Podcasts!! They're free. You can see them through the link there, or download 'em free through iTunes and watch them anywhere. Portable knitting TV! I mean, really. It doesn't get much more fun than that!!

I started by downloading the first podcast through the end of 2007. The topics included "Maryland Sheep & Wool, Parts 1 and 2"; "The Yarn Harlot in NYC to Represent"; "Stitches East 2006"; "If You Block It, Will It Fit?" and a bunch more about Actual Knitting. Since the 'casts are done through donations & sponsorships, if you like them, there's several ways to donate to keep them coming. (This seems to be a cool trend: the idea of shareware expanding to "sharecasts".)

Episodes vary in length, usually around 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer, and there are almost fifty of them now. (I grabbed the first two dozen.)

I should note: There's a Ravelry group, you can get DVDs of the podcasts if you don't have another way to watch them, and, of course, there are . . .


TOTEBAGS!!!! For Sale!! Clicky!!!
Yeah, okay, I have a slight totebag problem.

. . . mostly that four of my bins that are supposed to hold yarn are full of totebags. ANYway, if you have an iPod and the cables that connect your iPod to your TV, then you don't even have to worry about "hold iPod and watch OR knit". You can do both!!

ETA: Squeeeee! CAT from the Let'sKnit2Gether Podcast commented!! Squeeee!!

2 comments:

  1. just repeat this phrase ...
    I do not have a totebag problem.
    I do not have a totebag prob-
    I do not have a totebag to go with that project! oops - there I go again, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for spreading the word about our show!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...