Monday, June 1, 2009

June? How'd that happen??

Oh, good heavens, it's June! How the heck did that happen? Yikes!!

As part of the running around last weekend, I wandered into Stitch DC, the main - and now, sadly, the only - store:


I got some Jade Sapphire silk blend, two skeins, one brown and one gold. It's for Aeolian, yet another thing I'm blaming CAT for. (Yeah, I know, I'm highly susceptible to pretty images and ideas of things in video format or things associated with same.) I'm going to do something fun with this yarn: Start the center-pull at the neck, then fade (increasing row switch) to the gold until about 10 rows from the edging, then fade back to the dark brown. It's an August shawl, the colors of straw and dusty riverbeds. I also started my holiday shopping - there was a really cute "Carpe Yarn-em" mug that I got for Boss who Knits. Now if I can just put it somewhere it won't break *and* I can find it in December...

Or, I can just get another one - I Found The Source!
... and oooo, they've got other cute things, too...

2 comments:

  1. I agree - where did May and April GO??

    Carpe Yarn-em is a great idea ... let's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make a great shawl. I want to spin for it if I can. Did ya find the spindle?

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...