Monday, June 8, 2009

Hand sewing - actually making something practical!

Bit the bullet and ordered my TKGA Masters Level I - Hand Knitting materials last week, and promptly almost passed out at the thought of the commitment I was making. Not just time, yarn, and money (and it's really not much of that last one), but the whole Going Back To School thing. And it really is just that; there's papers to write, research to do, and, oh yeah, actual knitted product to produce that will be peered at with a scope and graded... and likely returned for a do-over. Possibly more than once.

Over the weekend - since Friday, really - I haven't been feeling well. I probably should've stayed home today, but felt OK at 6 when I left the house. I can tell I was actually sick, since I didn't knit AT ALL all weekend. The height of my crafting was putting snaps on towels so they'd hang off the handle of the oven, thus:




My husband doesn't request a lot of craft-related stuff, so it was nice to be able to "make" something for him that he needed.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea and I have lots of snaps to use up.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...