Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Banking for Crafts...

This one is mostly for my cousin, who collects banks. She's got some of the coolest looking things-that-hold-money! Anyway, a while back, I told you about my amazing money-counting bank that I'm using to save up for Crafts Stuff. Here it is, full-up:


According to my husband, it weighed slightly over four kilos. That's on the heavy side for a jar. Not so much for a jar full of metal, though. Now, during the process of filling up the bank, we discovered that it wouldn't take $1 coins - well, it would take them, it would just count them as quarters. But we put some in anyway. Just before we emptied it into the Giant Money-Eating Machine at the bank, it thought it held this much:


... but it actually had this much:


Later that day, I took my final trip to Scarlet Thread, and spent all of it. (The actual cash was handed to my favorite Muse, with another $120 on top. Hey, it's a my-favorite-LNS-is-going-away event; I HAD to buy it all; it WAS going out of style!!)

Now, the saving up begins again... and this time, it's going to be a several-jars project. I think I'm going to be trying to justify getting a spinning wheel sometime in 2010!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...