Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Yarn Curiosities.

So, shopping Sunday afternoon with mom - actually, "returning stuff and buying other stuff", not really shopping. Anyway, we stumbled upon two yarn-related items that I just have to share. First up: the Giant Yarn Basket.


Mom standing in front of basket, for scale

Okay, it might not actually be a yarn basket, but it's about 3.5 feet wide, just under 5 feet long, and 3.5 feet deep. This is a LOT of cubic yarn storage. It might actually be big enough for ALL my yarn (not counting the stuff in my mother's attic, of course). The mind boggles at the bigness of this basket. If the second handle hadn't been broken off, I would've seriously considered getting it. (Well, that, and if I'd won the lottery Saturday night.)

The other curious item was a CROCHETED bird house.

Yeah. Someone actually decided to crochet a cover for a birdhouse. More frightening, is it's mass-produced somewhere and sold first-hand to Upscale Retail Establishments, then a single one wafted into the T.J. Maxx. Crochet. Birdhouse. These are two thoughts I'd never before put together. Maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...