Monday, July 7, 2008

Running behind the times...

It's now the last week of the Victoria Sampler Cyberclass I was so excited about. I realized this last Thursday, when I downloaded all the rest of the class lessons... which means I've managed to go four weeks without stitching on a project I've been squeaking about for over a YEAR. I blame my sister's wedding; otherwise, it'd be done now. Anyway, Friday, being declared a Holiday from Everything, was the perfect day to finally get started. I needed to sort my floss, first, so I'd be able to use it, and hey... have you ever noticed how an umbrella swift is just PERFECT for floss sorting? No? Well, I hadn't either, but look:


It actually works great, and with my scissors on the shelf next to it, I don't have to do anything other than snip off short lenghts of whatever-color-it-is. I'm going to have to try setting up my next Teresa Wentzler this way - it works really well.

Oh yeah, stitching. After all day Friday, and on-and-off over the weekend, this is as far as I got:


*Sigh.* I was hoping I'd get much more done, but this *is* a Victoria Sampler sampler. That means W-O-R-K. On the other hand, I'm not having any trouble with any of the specialty stitches thus far (and I haven't seen a couple of them before, which is cool!), so I'll probably be okay even if class ends without me. I'm still going to try to get as much as I can done before Thursday, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...