Thursday, July 10, 2008

Well, at least I've been knitting...

I got *this* far!



Oh, you notice the "no picture"? That's because I didn't get anything done. Prepare to be underwhelmed. After three more mornings and evenings of not actually stitching, the photo from Monday is *still* as far as I've gotten on the Twelve Days sampler. (Remember, I was over halfway done with the Three French Hens band as of Monday morning.)

If I could carry the dratted thing around, it would've had at least six more hours of work done on it, but samplers this complicated, with this many different color changes, just don't work well at ALL on public transportation. (I've done VS samplers on the train in the past, but those were the "Elements" series, which are about ten colors, max, and use lots-and-lots of any given color at a time. This one may have two stitches of a color per band, if that!)

Oh well. I'm going to keep going as fast as I can on this, so I can have it Beautifully Finished by the end of the month, and class doesn't actually end until Sunday, so there's still some hope (and a night race for NASCAR Saturday night, which always helps).

Then I'm going to start on the set of Christmas ornaments based on same. (Yes, my dears, I'm completely insane. You knew that.)

1 comment:

Your tracks here...