Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shopping, shopping...

There was more to the shopping trip on Saturday. In addition to the very loud, but very-perfect-for-me shawl yarn, I also obtained:

One more ball of Tofutsies (in oranges and yellows that are much brighter than they appear here...


Some badly-needed blocking wires (that's two shawls that will suddenly be much larger one of these days)...


And, much to my joy, the Yarn Harlot Page-a-Day calendar!


The really wonderful thing was that, including the fee to be a club member at Nature's Yarns, I came in under $80, which was what I had available to spend! Lots of stuff, much of which I needed (the shawl yarn, blocking wires) or was going to buy eventually anyway (the calendar), and only one thing I didn't (that stray ball of Tofutsies). I haven't actually spent with my credit card for some time now, I haven't drained my account with totally Foolish Spending, and I was able to put back lots of stuff (several different sets of Addi turbos, some Sox that Rock yarn, a batt that I don't have the capability of spinning just yet, a lot of Tillie Thomas silk, some stitch markers, several pattern books...). Even though I did spend almost $80, that's what I expected to spend on just the yarn for my shawl - so I feel that I got yarn, plus all this bonus FREE stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...