Saturday, July 5, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation


Basically, I spent my summer vacation stitching my Small Ferocious Beastie when I wasn't attending one of the various Wedding-Related Events for my sister. (If anyone *wasn't* expecting me to switch the dragon out of the original pattern... really, what were you thinking?) She's all done, as are the words, with Added Metallic Stuff. I'm using the border (and, okay, the gryphon) from the "A Bird and Its Friends" chart, and will be doing the fill-in around the edge-critters in gold. The hope is the whole thing will look like a page from an illuminated manuscript when it's done.

So, that's another project that's just two colors away from being done... and I have to switch. My Cyberclass (that I squeaked about so much back on June 23) ends on July 13th, and I'd really REALLY like to have most of the bellpull done before that date - so I'll be stitching frantically all weekend on this project, hoping to pull off a small miracle (or twelve!) and trying to finish an entire Victoria Sampler piece in three days.

Sadly, I'm also redoing my bathrooms this weekend (both of them), so time may be scarce.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the gryphon. Feel free to use anything from my site you want! --Alex

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...