Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finished Objects - Briar Rose Socks!

Okay, I've been sick the last two days, and haven't posted. During that time, though, I Accomplished Something. I've finished my Briar Rose Socks, the first installment of Sanguine Gryphon's Fairy Tale Sock Club! (This is good, as the second installment just shipped!)

What can I say about these socks? They're comfy, they're gorgeous, they were great fun to knit. I did deviate from the actual pattern by adding thorns and knitting, instead of crocheting, my roses. But I love them, and I'm so glad I joined this for my first Sock Club!! Thanks, Gryphon!!

On to the photos:


Outside Sides

Inside Sides



Knitted Big Rose

Better (?) Picture

Knitted Rosebud

Fun Wallpaper



Socks On

Oh, the Pretty!

These were such fun - I can't wait to get the next kit - any day now!!!

9 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. And so unique...............just like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love how different they are from mine or some of the others. Can't wait to see all the versions of #2. Has it arrived yet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are amazing!! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo bethc = wow! they are amazing!! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the socks! I would wear them with a skirt so people could see them. j/k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very, very cool. Definitely gotta show them off with a skirt, like quiltingcindy said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you sell the socks you make?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great! I have reading the blogs about these that you have posted. I think they're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...