Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Update

First, I did work on some projects this weekend. One, my lovely red, white and blue crocheted bag, which went from 40% done up to 60% done - yay! Progress! Discernable progress! And, though I did an hour of stitching on my Small Ferocious Beast, there's still a really long way to go, and if you'd held up the piece quickly in front of someone who hadn't seen it before, and then did the same after all of yesterday's stitching... they wouldn't have noticed the difference. Sigh. Now that I knit, cross-stitch seems to take forever, even when it doesn't!


Inga's Haeckelbeutel II
crochet, up from 40%

Small but Ferocious Gryphon
cross-stitch, no discernable change

But, for all that, I also managed time to shop. And shop I did... and oh, my heavens, I made A Find.




Yes, that's 1,400 yards of laceweight merino in BLAZE ORANGE. Now I know that DK suggested solid pastels for SotS-3 to go with the theme... but oh, I just *have* to knit it with this! I'll have to find a plethora (well, 700 or so) little coppery gold beads - although I'm thinking of doing copper, gold and ruby, mixed hither and thither. But oh, the happy! Oh, the "Lookit what I found!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...