Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Art!

We saw more than just a room with yarn yesterday - we saw this... I have a video, but I need to edit it down before posting it. The music from Black Box (the exhibit in the next room) carried over into this one, and was oddly soothing, hypnotic, and fitting. Here's a still:


"The collection is constantly updated with best of contemporary art, which often includes fun, interactive installations, such as Danish artist Olafur Eliasson's Round Rainbow, a room in which a rotating prism transforms a beam of light into undulating colors bathing visitors' faces."

Outside, I found what is CLEARLY the Hogwarts House Unity Cauldron. I mean, look at it: there's a bunch lion/snake/bird thing holding it up, and cupcakes and berries all around the edges. Clearly, Gryffindor/Slytherin/Ravenclaw + Hufflepuff. Clearly.


The gift store had some pretty darned cool stuff (my husband got me this when he saw me squeaking. The rule is MUST NOT have anything like it already. He had to admit that I did not).


It's all ZIPPERS!!!

... and then we might've gone to Old Town. We met some actual clowns on the Metro (which was fun; they were headed to the big President's Day parade). We had an absolutely DELICIOUS lunch at Eamon's a for-real Dublin-style Chipper. WHY did I not know about this place before?


PS, this photo is the ENTIRE place.
To scale, or so it seems
just after noon on a big Parade Day.

Then, yarn might have happened. Old Town, it must be said, has some mighty nice yarn.

All in all, a very pleasant day off, and, unlike most folks that live here, we actually went to SEE some of the Tourist Attractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...