Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The weekend, in all three tenses...

Past:

There were yarn store trips. Fibre Space has its coral reef in the front window:


there was a coral reef

The one at Nature's Yarns is in the corner, inside the front window; both are really, really pretty. (Wishing I'd thought to snap a photo of the one at NY!) Makes me want to start crocheting one myself. One of the little ones that looks like a tree with suction cups on the ends of its branches, I think.

While inside the store, this little guy was sitting, all innocent, on the counter:

there was a rabbit pattern

His link is here. (I have some leftover Spud & Chole from the Jayne Hat Extravaganza - I'll be making a rabbit or six.)

And yes, I bought yarn. See, the only reason I was in the store was to pick up my receipt for registration for the Miss Babs workshop in September. So I kinda had to wander by the Miss Babs... and there were three skeins of Yowza! in Sky blue... really, really pretty. Go look:


Image from & linked to Miss Babs

And yes, you might notice that the yarn is in a new Fibre Space totebag. Hey, it happens....

there was yarn

Don't think that was *all* the yarn, though. While the items pictured above represent the weekend's Fibre Space haul, there were the six balls of 75%-off cotton at Nature's Yarns (plus a dreamy pattern for a Dragon-wing shawl and - finally - my own Knit Kit!) - and don't get me started on the two dozen balls of Vanna's Glamour (the sparkly copper and sparkly black) that I had to get for my invisibility cloak. It was necessary. (Ignore the nine skeins of sparkly red, sparkly blue and sparkly light gold that will be a shrug for one of my classes this fall. Please.)

Present possible:
Then there was shopping for actual necessary things. We went to IKEA, and, after a lot of walking around and debate (a LOT of walking around!!), we settled on what the new Giant Mouse-Proof Cabinet for the kitchen will be. In the process, I found some shelves that might work for the craft room - but my husband assured me that no, I couldn't fit them together in diamond patterns to make it work the way I wanted.


there might be shelves

That means there will be custom shelves in my future - but not anytime real soon. There were some nifty light fixtures...


there might be light fixtures

... but we have nowhere to put such things, even if they're pretty in a cheesy sort of way. There were, outside the food court, collapsible play-tubes decorated with stuffed animals. I'm not sure RATS was the best choice for the things crawling outside the pipes...

Yeah. We hit a couple of other stores, and did not buy Barbie dolls - although these three were cool:

there might be Barbie dolls

... and this sweater I spotted this morning was really neat. Not that you can see it, of course. I'll have to try again in the afternoon when the scenery isn't quite so obligingly reflective.


there might be a sweater

Future:
There will be a new futon FRAME, not just a new futon (which was the plan).


there will be a futon

This futon is amazing. It has actual matching, actually-fitting drawers underneath; there are "magazine racks" on the sides of both ends (patterns, needlepoint/cross stitch), and the arms flip open to hold drinks and remotes (knitting needles, small projects). It will be covered in exactly the cloth I want, too - and I'll be getting extra for a matching cover for my chair & footrest, plus a curtain for the back window.


there will be pretty cloth

The bonus is that our saleswoman is also a knitter, and does some AMAZING stuff. (I'll get permission to link her here next time I see her, since her shawls & stuff are worth seeing!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...