Monday, August 16, 2010

Little Victories

So, there's this lovely skein of Neighborhood Fiber Co. Maisonette in the Cooper Circle colorway that I received as a Christmas gift from my Boss-Who-Knits last year. See? Isn't it pretty?


Don't let its innocent appearance fool you!

I hauled it out of storage two weekends back, since it really didn't belong in there (being a Special Yarn), and I was pretty certain I could find something pretty to make with it. On Thursday morning, it jumped onto the swift, and turned itself into a pretty little center-pull yarn cake.

And then the trouble began.

The danged yarn ball followed me to work and found the EZ Pi Shawl knitalongs springing up all over the place in honor of Elizabeth Zimmerman's 100th Birthday. It even found the "Hearts" version of the Pi Shawl by Mwaa.Knits, and printed me a copy. And then it started following me. EVERYWHERE. Luckily, work (and the commutes) on Thursday and Friday took far too much energy to fiddle around with a circular center cast-on and lots of little DPNs. But Saturday and Sunday? It was just a pain-in-the-neck little cake of yarn!

It pointed out that I wasn't really DOING anything sitting at the dry cleaners, or in the hellacious traffic that was Southbound I-95:

And there was a LOT of traffic. (I worked on my Forget-Me-Not shawl instead, despite the Evil Yarn Cake's attempts to sway me.)


When we finally reached IKEA, I was able to distract it for a time with cool light-up Swedish eye charts, but once we'd gotten our new kitchen cabinets, it started in on me again in the parking garage. (And if the photos are rotated oddly, I tried. Something's up with photobucket, because they look fine over there...)

Thankfully, IKEA furniture has a built-in "no, hush, I'm busy" factor built in. But Sunday, it started up again. It whined and whined in the bookstore, but I was able to distract it with some books

And I think it finally gave up Sunday night. Or maybe it was the margarita I offered it to keep it quiet. I may never know...

But whatever did the trick, I managed to get through the WHOLE WEEKEND without starting a new project!

Woohoooo!!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...