Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday wrap-up

First, a note: OMG SQUEEEE!!!


Srsly. Exploding SNAP has been worth it just for the fact that I *haven't* added to the list for three straight weeks. (I know the Official Count is 20 days, but I know I didn't start anything on the 31st of July, either, although I was really tempted.

Not starting is a good thing, because I've got plenty of work yet to GET started for the fall: One of my SNAP items (which *doesn't* count against me for SNAP starting, but DOES go in the UFO list) is to wind up the balls for my upcoming Herbology O.W.L. and get all my cable swatches done. Here are the fifteen skeins of Silky Wool all ready to hop on the swift:


I'm hoping to get that done this weekend, and get my swatching all done next week, since on the first, I hope to submit my O.W.L. proposal and get knitting on the lovely jacket that will be the result!

As a result of Not Starting things, I've kept working on the carry-around projects, of which there are two. The first is the Forget-Me-Not Shawl (have I given you the link to the pattern lately? I don't think I have. Hrm. Well, here's the Rav link; looks like you have to have a free Elann account to access it now, so your choice on signing up or not.) Anyway, I'm now one Chart 2 repeat away from the edge. Then there's the fancy-schmancy picot bind-off. Just between you and me, I'm doing two rows of garter stitch before I start on that! Anyway, I'm going to try to finish this in August, since it's one of the older knitting UFOs, and it'd be nice to have it finished.


The other thing I'm carrying around is the Tiffany Wisteria Window. The last picture I could find of it is below, with where-I-am-now below that.




I really need to (sigh) get a phone with a better camera. This looked all pretty and sparkly in the sun, and none of the pretty sparkles came through on my (relatively) ancient Samsung Juke (I got it when it first came out in 2007).

Oh, and in other Upcoming Projects news, I received my new TKGA Master Handknitting Level I packet on the 18th, so Masters Monday will be back, starting next week. This time, I'm going to get it done in a timely manner DANGIT!!!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...