Thursday, May 27, 2010

We direct your attention to...

Cool item of the week from months ago - someone on one of the blogs I read (and I read lots of blogs... and I'm not sure it was one I stumbled upon, or one of my regulars, so if it was you, speak up so I can link you!) finished some lovely little slippers, and put the *cutest* little pawprint things on the bottom to give them traction. They're Regia Sock Stoppers.Aren't they cute?


Nifty thing of a few weeks ago: Heels by Number, pointed out by Helen a while back.

Best Real-Life MacGuyver I: While researching how to wash house windows properly (thank you, This Old House!), I found something I'd like to find. LIFESAVING TOOL: Window washer Jan Demczur used an Ettore squeegee to free himself and five others from an elevator shaft in the World Trade Center during the September 11 attacks. The blade was lost, but Demczur's squeegee handle is now enshrined at the Smithsonian. I think that particular squeegee handle would be something interesting to see. (Cousin dearest, I'm looking at YOU to find this object and photograph it for posterity - or at least find it so I can go see it, too.)

Nifty thing this week, found over on the Mason Dixon knitblog: The Clover Pom Pom Maker! I want some!! (There's one that makes HEART SHAPED pom poms!!)

(Turns out Clover has lots of useful videos, here.)

Nifty thing for next month: I get to take classes with these guys!


You can tell I don't really have any knitting progress to report, can't you. Drat. I was hoping the pom-pom maker video would distract you....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...