Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Have You Seen These Needles?

So, on the way south on Sunday, I wandered into a Michael's to get some yarn needles with eyes big enough to deal with Hometown USA super-bulky yarn. While I did, in fact, get yarn needles, I also found these:


Boye is now doing premium "rosewood" needles. They're not showing up on the site yet...; hopefully that will get fixed. I mean, if I'm the only one who ever sees these? Maybe they're a Michael's Exclusive. I bet they're not, though - in which case HELLO, BOYE MARKETING DEPARTMENT, WAKE UP!! Maybe they're already phased out - Boye's facebook page doesn't even mention them, and this is a premium-level product for them. Anyone heard of them? No? Well, I'm not surprised - for a little bit more, you can get Lantern Moon needles, which are easier to work with (IMHO), and I actually had trouble using the crochet hook. I'm wondering where the design breakdown is? (Granted, I was using cotton - but that's my usual test for wooden needles. Rather like jelly yarn is the test for metal needles.) If you've seen these anywhere - or tried them - let me know!!

Anyway, back to why I needed the yarn needles in the first place: I made a baby Giant Flying Happy Bunny.




It's much smaller than the original Giant Flying Happy Bunny, but it's still cute.

1 comment:

  1. Design breakdown: From the photo it looks like there isn't enough of an edge on that crochet hook, the scoop isn't deep enough.

    Did you keep loosing your stitches? If so, then that's likely the problem.

    Interesting. I wonder if they're a test product. NoVA is a wealthy test market, so a premium product might be tested there when it wouldn't sell in Peoria (no offense to those in Peoria, it's just a turn of phrase!)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...