Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A book cover is sort of like a book, right?

I had a pretty busy weekend. To keep the Tuesday post somewhat book-related, here's the Illusion Book Cover I made for History of Magic. Here's where it was early Sunday morning (on the way to Mother's Day brunch):


... and here's the turn-in post:

I made some protective gauntlets for another class, so I headed to the Chamber of Secrets to explore, straightaway. It's like most other catacombs, with fewer skulls, and about the same amount of damp. I poked around for a bit, and didn't find anything really unexpected until I was on my way out, when, near the main entrance to the Chamber, I found (pushed behind a rock), a second-hand copy of A Beginner's Guide to Transformation.

Well, I might need it next year, but it's awfully scruffy-looking. So, I decided to make it a cover. (No one, really, wants to be caught out with scruffy-looking books if they can help it.) It's striped in my House Colors, and, for the most part, looks like a perfectly normal book cover, if a little loud.


But, hold it at an angle, and something appears... (Please note: doing a color-shifted illusion ANYTHING in one solid piece is a half-price fare to St. Mungo's. I think there may be a HoM O.W.L. in it somewhere!)


It's a "S", of course… or is it a Snake?


Either way, no one will notice my scruffy book inside!

(And, just for people actually reading the blog, eventually there will be a pattern!)

4 comments:

Your tracks here...