Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And the O.W.L. has begun!

There was some knitting this weekend, but it sure wasn't on Saturday. I missed most of Saturday. Friday night, though, I was able to get earflaps on the three Jayne hats. And yes, they're hanging off my exercise bike. They're not on the seat, so it doesn't really hurt anything!!


I was hoping I get them done by the end of the weekend - preferably BEFORE my 3pm-on-Sunday Girasole Crash Course at Fibre Space, because, suddenly, I have a whole BLANKET to knit, half of which must be done by the end of June!!

Speaking of, the Jared Flood class at Fibre Space was FANTASTIC!! He's a great teacher, and we learned a lot of cool stuff in our two-hour workshop. For one, I need never have a hole in the crown of my colorwork hats/circular shawls EVER AGAIN. For two, I can spit-splice now, and I have faith it'll actually work. For three, I HAS A SIGNED PATTERN. Wheeee! I got to see THE Girasole (pronounced gir-ah-SO-lay, evidently; I've been saying it wrong):


That's my yarn in the lower left, so you know I was actually THERE and close enough to touch it!

By the time I was in the car on the way home, I had a pretty good start on my O.W.L. The center, of course, goes pretty quickly; we'll see how much it slows down by the time I'm on Chart D - which is waaaay the heck in the future, evidently.


At the end of the weekend, which for me was Monday night (due to the Being Sick thing, which I'm pretty sure I wasn't at the workshop, or I'd not have gone), I had worked through over half of Chart C and had switched up from my 16" circs to my 24" circs. I'm going to try to wait until I've got the 640 stitches at the end of Chart D before I switch up to the 36" needles. Anyway, here's that really cool Girasole Tracker I found. It's an Excel spreadsheet, and tells you how far in you are at the end of any given row:


... which means I have a whopping 12.4% of the shawl done. YIKES! It's been a lot of knitting already; I guess this really IS an O.W.L.-worthy project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...