Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Yarn. It got me. Really.

Sometimes, the yarn just Gets You. In this case, I've had two balls of Feza Iplik "Cyprus Mohair" in the changes-all-sorts-of-bright-colors colorway staring at me for quite some time. Months. (Well, a year... but that was the third ball, which I've misplaced somewhere.) And this weekend, despite all the other projects I should be working on, it attacked me inside the craft room, wrestled itself on to needles and forced me to knit. (Honest, it happened just like that.) I'm doing a 10-count entrelac (2 repeats), which works just amazingly with this particular yarn.

Here it is at the end of Ball #1 on the train last night:


And here it is later in the evening, being all dramatic-like, just before I wove in the ends from the beginning and the join so it will take less time to Be Finished once I actually run out of yarn.


Since I *am* actually getting some of my other knitting work done, I'm allowed to keep at it, so I figure it will probably be finished on the ride home.

Now if I can just find that third ball of yarn, so I can make the matching hat...

1 comment:

Your tracks here...